Tuesday, December 15, 2009

...and God said...


I am feeling lately that I do not spend near enough time reading scripture and praying. There are many times through the day when I will talk to God and maybe look up a passage or two but I really don't spend the time I should with my Father. This morning I spent a little time in listening prayer... this is when you spend quiet time with God and just listen to what He is telling you. I tried to clear everything else from my mind which isn't easy when there's always so much to do. What is more important though... doing THINGS or hearing GOD SPEAKING TO YOU!? After some time passed and some tears were shed and not really "hearing" anything, I went to scripture asking God to show me what He wanted me to hear. I was led to 2 Corinthians 4 & 5. I hope you are as blessed as I was and I pray that God speaks to you through His Word as well.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 ~ But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ~ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 ~ We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (emphasis mine)

Enjoy this Christmas season and take some time to listen to what God is saying to you... spend some quietness alone with Him and listen to His still small voice. He wants to talk to you!

1 comment:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Wonderful post Dear Sister!