Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blogging in a hurry...

I was asked to post more on here and I have been having a hard time getting back into it! I think since I joined Facebook I have all but forgotten about blogging. I think status updates posted on Facebook are, in a sense, blogging in a hurry.

That's what we're all about, right... seeing how much we can squeeze into one day? The whole "feel" of society over the last decade or more seems to be if you're not crazy busy then you must be lazy. Whether this is true or not, I don't know for sure.

I like to be busy most of the time but I also need to have those times of quiet when I can unwind. This time of year seems to be the hardest to find those minutes of quiet. There's always shopping (either in the store or online), planning, baking, cooking, etc. etc. etc.

Last week I was privileged to have been a part of a first annual Thanksgiving Dinner held at our church for those in our community who might be low income or who might be alone for Thanksgiving. We had over 160 people sign up to come, however, only around 100 came to the dinner that night. We were still able to feed over 100 people! We fed them, prayed with them and gave them a short message. Each family was able to go home with 2 care bags as well. I left early since we had to drive to Wisconsin that night yet.

For the past few years we've been going to the Wisconsin Dells with Mike's sisters & families over Thanksgiving. We stay at either the Kalahari or the Great Wolf. We got there again on Thursday morning and met his sister from Minnesota. We celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday together and all the women go shopping at midnight. This year a couple of the guys went out too for a while. We get back to the hotel around 6:30 or 7:00 AM and sleep for a while. Later on Friday we celebrate Christmas with the kids since we don't always get to see everyone on Christmas Day. Saturday we drove back home and were blessed with awesome weather and roads!

While at the Great Wolf, we got a phone call that Mike's cousin was found dead. He was only 52. This was quite a shock to everyone. No one knew there was anything wrong with him. I heard that it looked like he had throat cancer. So sad. He has 2 sons and one of them found him and is not doing very well with it all. The memorial is this Saturday. Please pray for the family.

Logan went back to college on Sunday and will finish his semester on December 17. He'll be off then until January 10. Tori's Italian class will be the same for dual enrollment. She started her 2nd tri at the high school this week and is loving it! She's once again in French and Spanish... languages that she is loving! She's enrolled for next semester in dual enrollment too for a writing class but she's thinking of possibly changing that around a little. We'll see what she get's worked out.

Logan also got his hearing aids a couple of weeks ago and is adjusting to them quite well. We went back this week to get them fine tuned and I think he's doing well with them. He certainly is hearing things now that he didn't before!

This Saturday evening we'll have my family Christmas party. I have been put in charge of organizing the night. Hope it goes well! ;)

Wow! I think that's enough for now. So much going on always. I try to enjoy every little blessing along the way!! Even though this time of year is always so rushed, don't forget to look up and enjoy the scenery once in a while!

Blessings to all,
Diane

3 comments:

Mari said...

Glad to see an update from you. Sorry to hear about Mike's cousin. What a shock!
Glad you had fun!

Mari said...

Thanks for the update Diane! So sorry to hear about Mike's cousin. Happy to hear the kids are doing well...hope you and Mike are too!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Knew most of this, but I'm so sorry about Mike's cousin!