Monday, April 18, 2011

Next phase of planning for Haiti






After meeting with Pastor Mathieu yesterday, I now have a tentative itinerary of our stay in Haiti and also a list of meds that his brother, Dr. Paul, would like us to take with us... as much as possible. I wanted to list them here in case you are interested in donating some of them.

Ibuprofen 400 mg
Acetaminofen 500 mg (Tylenol I think)
Multivitamin for adults
Multivitamin for kids
Calcium tablets
Tums

Also, reading glasses are needed.

Dr. Paul asked for Amoxicilin as well but we would have to purchase that down there so if you would like to donate money for that, that would be awesome!

It has been laid on my heart this week to also ask for money to purchase Bibles while we're down there. While we are working in the mobile clinics and meeting the physical needs of the people, we are also intent on showing them the love of Christ and telling them about our Savior and Lord! What better way to follow up with that than with their own Bible (given that they or someone they know can read it) and a pastor they can turn to?!

It sounds like we'll be able to do a puppet show for them, play games with the kids, and show the Jesus film! We will be very busy while there and I know that God will give us the strength we need to press on each day for His glory!

If any of you would like to donate meds, money, or would like to be a prayer warrior, please let me know and I can get an itinerary to you and/or a copy of a letter I will be writing this week explaining all of this.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts for us through this planning stage. God is making it all work out and I will continue to give Him the glory for it all since I am so NOT qualified to do the things He leads me to do! He calls and equips me for the task!

Blessings to you all!
Love in Christ,
Diane

3 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Get us your itinerary and list of meds. I would love it if Steve could go down to Perigo and get some meds. Otherwise maybe you and I could make a road trip down there to get some. Super cheap stuff.

Mari said...

I'm so excited for you and Tori. What a great, new experience. I hope to read more about your "journey's path" pre and post Haiti. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mari said...

It sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip. Of course, I would like to pray for you. I'll try to keep my eyes open for deals on meds.