Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weight Watchers Works... REALLY!!!!

I have now been doing weight watchers since March 25, 2011 and have so far lost 57 pounds. I have another 23 pounds to go to reach my goal. It has been getting difficult the last few months because of the holidays and birthdays but I will press on and keep trying!

I talked to a friend at church this morning and she suggested that I share some of my recipes on Facebook so I thought maybe I should start blogging some of them too. They will end up on Facebook through this so all bases will be covered! :)

I wasn't sure where to begin with the recipes so I thought I'd share the one I'm making tonight for dinner.

One year when we were on a mission trip to Haiti, we were served some kind of a baked oatmeal dish. I can't even tell you how much I loved that! I have been looking for a recipe close to that ever since and this one comes very close.

BAKED OATMEAL

  • 6 cups oats
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 T. cinnamon
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk (skim)
  • 1/2 cup dried fruit (craisins, raisins, or whatever you choose) - * Optional
  • 1/2 cup nuts, chopped - * Optional

combine oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs and applesauce and stir well. Pour in milk and stir until combined. Fold in dried fruit and nuts.

Pour into greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned. This recipe works beautifully when prepared the night before, refrigerated and baked in the morning.

*Serve topped with butter or coconut oil, brown sugar or honey and milk.

Yields: 12 servings (WW approx. 5 P+/piece)

(* optional items are not figured in points)

I hope you try this one sometime and I can't wait to hear what you think! Oatmeal is good for you and very filling so this recipe is definitely a keeper!

Diane

2 comments:

Mari said...

You are looking wonderful! This recipe looks wonderful and I'll be trying it soon!

Mari said...

Good for you Diane!
I've been needing to do the weight loss too but find it much easier not to...ugh. One of these days we'll get started. :o) You need to post pics!