- Tori's migraine was pretty much gone on Wednesday morning! Praise God!
- Wednesday night we went to a church service in Book (pronounced Bo-ak). We did the puppet show just before Pastor Mathieu gave the message. While they were singing a girl fell on another girl and then laid on the floor. Some men were dragging her and trying to get her to the back. I thought something happened to her like a seizure or something. It turns out this area has had some demon possessions happening lately. This girl has had this happen 3 or 4 times now. They kept singing while a few were demanding the evil to leave her. She was only about 3 feet away from us and it was scary to say the least. I told Tori to stay strong and keep praying. About 5-6 men took her finally to the back of church and I could hear her screams; shrieks really. Later they took her back into the service and had her sit between 2 leaders who I'm sure continued to pray over her. After the message people were invited up to the front whoever desired prayer. She was one of them. I continue to pray for her.
- Thursday morning we had 2 VBS's and a clinic. One VBS was done during a clinic in La Costa Zephirin where 27 patients were seen and I can't even tell you how many kids were there! Another VBS was done in Saintiacre where we also fed the kids a meal. Since the van couldn't get all the way down the road to Saintiacre, we had to walk about the last mile in. This was after 4 days without rain and we still couldn't get all the way in! After this we headed back to the house for something to eat. We then headed to Papa Pierre's house so that Tori could do an interview with Papa and Mommy Pierre along with Pastor Mathieu. As soon as that was done we had to leave to get back to the house to eat again and then they had another church service at night. I stayed back from this one because I needed to get some things organized for packing and I was very tired.
- Friday morning we were supposed to be at the Pignon airport by 10:00 so we could weigh everything and fly out by 11:00. Well, we got there at 10:50 and didn't fly out until ... well, later than 11:00. The flight was actually kinda fun although bumpy. It makes it easier I think after riding on the roads we've been on for almost 3 weeks. We got to the PAP airport and waited for our ride. We went to their house where we were staying that night. They have a beautiful home! They have a 17 year old girl and a younger boy (maybe 10?). Tori and their daughter had a good time together that night.
- Saturday we left a little after 9:00 for the airport again. Our flight was delayed and probably didn't leave until 2:00 (Central Time). We got into Newark, got to our hotel, got something to eat, showered (I did anyway) and went to bed.
- Sunday (today) we woke up and got ready to catch the shuttle to take us to the airport. I'll skip to where we were in the plane and started take off. Acceleration as you would expect on a take off and then slowed... what was going on?? The pilot came on and said they stopped take off because of a "maintenance" light came on. They were talking with the maintenance crew to see what should be done. They were told a while later that we didn't have to go back to the gate but would have to fly at a lower altitude. A little turbulence during the flight but nothing serious. Took a shuttle in Detroit from the airport to the hotel & picked up my van. We dropped off the Pierre family on our way home and finally got home ourselves!
Blessings to you from Home!!
Diane


1 comment:
Welcome back! It has been quite a trip. :) You were blessed and I know you were also a blessing to others!
Post a Comment