Friday, February 13, 2009

And the winner IS.....

1 - Mari said...

Alright - you are really stretching me, because I'm far from a poet, which you will see when you read this!

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Who's having a birthday?
I think it's you!

February 9, 2009 6:57 PM

2 - Cheri said...

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I feel blessed
to have a friend in you!

Happy Birthday early Diane!

February 9, 2009 7:30 PM

3 - A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh come on you know I can't do poems!!!!!

Fine I'll give it a try:

Rose are red
Most apples are too
My sweet friend Diane
Birthday Blessings to you!

February 9, 2009 8:00 PM

4 - T♥RI said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are upstairs
And I live in a shoe

:) there ya go... i already have a book though, so if i win, pick again k?? i just wanted to show off my mad poetry skillzzzz ;)

February 10, 2009 3:28 PM

5 - Nate and Brenda said...

Here goes:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
the world would not be the same
if it wasn't for you!

February 11, 2009 8:11 AM

6 - T♥RI said...

Roses are red
You talk on a phone
Just thought you should know
That my poetry owns
I'll tell it to you
In poetry form
My poem's too long
And summer is warm :)

February 11, 2009 9:15 AM

7 - Diane said...

I'm loving all the poems coming in! Thanks for them!!! Keep them coming!!I'm thinking there might need to be a special prize for originality.... 'wink, wink'...Tori ;)

February 11, 2009 9:20 AM

8 - Anonymous said...

Some Roses are red
Some Roses are yellow
I'm just happy
to be your fellow!

Love, Mike

February 11, 2009 11:20 AM

9 - Jennifer said...

Aww, Mike's is cute, but here's mine.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Our kitten needs to visit a vet

And you should go too.

February 12, 2009 6:59 AM

10 - Jennifer said...

There once was a girl from the dales,
Who spent her day shopping sales.
When to gleaners she went,
no money she spent.
For the food was all recalled by the bale.

February 12, 2009 7:09 AM

11 - Karla said...

Diane:
I LOVE your husbands!! ha Here is mine:

Rose are Red
Violets are blue
I am so happy
to have met you!!

Love ya


Just wanted to give all of you a recap on all the comments that were posted so you know them by number for the drawing. Here we go...


This program will generate a random number between two numbers of your choice.
Enter a lower limit: 1
Enter an upper limit: 11

Random Number: 2



Cheri is the winner!!!! Congratulations!!!! (She's been very sick this week so maybe this will brighten her day!) :)


Be a blessing today!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Yeah! That does brighten my day.

Nate and Brenda said...

Congrats Cheri!! Glad you were the winner!!

The poems were very cute!!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Everyone was so clever, but Mike wins hands down!!!! What a sweet guy!

Mari said...

Congrats to Cheri. I enjoyed the poems, but Mike's was the best!