Friday, May 7, 2010

I Miss Her...

This Sunday is Mother's Day and I will be spending the 8th Mother's Day without my Mom. I miss her so much. I heard this song on the radio this morning sung by Bart Millard from Mercy Me. The lyrics talk about a Grandma that has passed away. I felt like the words were talking about my own Mom...

Ringtones Send "Mawmaw's Song (in The Sweet By And By)" Ringtone to your Cell Ringtones

Seven years old upon my knees
On the third row pew, trying to see

My grandmamma sing In the Sweet By and By

It wasn't the sweetest soundin' thing

But there's somethin' about when grandmamma sang

That moved your feet, stirred something up inside


To see her grin from ear to ear

One thing for sure was very clear

This wasn't just a song

It was her life


(Chorus:)

In the sweet by and by

We shall meet on that beautiful shore

In the sweet by and by

We shall meet on that beautiful shore


Now times have changed to say the least

My grandmamma's voice, a memory

Just like the old song said, she's on that shore

And she's looking down on me

I hope she's proud of what she sees

Cause thanks to her I'm walkin' with the Lord


Oh to hear her once again

Wrap herself around that hymn

Lord, If I could just go back once more


(Chorus)


There's a land that is fairer than day

By faith we can see it afar

For the Father waits over the way

To prepare us a dwelling place there

Oh I can hear her singing along


(Chorus)

If your Mom is still living, don't pass up this time to love her and let her know it!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms!! ;)

Diane


3 comments:

Cheri said...

Happy Mothers day to you too Diane.
I totally understand. I miss my mom so much too. There are so many times when I just want to hear her voice.
Such good advice you gave to not pass up the opportunity to let your mom know you love her!

Mari said...

I just love this song, and now you have me all teared up thinking about my Mom.
What a blessing to know we will see our Mom's again!

Zaankali said...

This is the song we played at Mark's moms funeral. It wasn't even available in stores yet. We had to go to a WCSG and ask if we could borrow a copy of the song so that we could use it. Then as we were entering the church parking lot the day of the funeral this song came on the car radio. It was just perfect.
Happy Mother's Day Diane!