Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011

I need all of you prayer warriors!!!

This morning Tori woke with a major migraine. I don't think she slept very much at all last night. She thinks she got maybe an hour of sleep. We've been giving her pills to help it but so far it hasn't helped much at all. She's only eaten 1 1/2 rolls today and doesn't want to eat because it makes her stomach hurt. She needs to eat. I woke with her around 5:15 and worked on getting her pain relieved somewhat. By the time we left for clinic/VBS at 9:00 she was feeling somewhat better so she ended up going with us. That was probably a mistake. She started feeling bad while we were there and had a hard trip back to the house. Dr. Paul put her on some Prednisone to help with the inflamation. She took 3 tablets today. She will need to take 2 more tomorrow and 1 more on Thursday. I think we finally got our room cooled off somewhat tonight. It was stifling in there today. The temp is down to around 85 outside but still around 88 inside.

As I mentioned before, this morning we did another clinic along with a VBS at Savanette. It's a very rocky, bumpy road to get there. It takes about 30 minutes - really not that far away but you have to go so slow. Pastor Mathieu started teaching the kids the words to "Jesus Love the Little Children" and then had Daphnie sing the tune for them. They sang that together a couple of times and then he taught them another song. He did the puppet show with me while Daphnie worked the CD player and taught the kids the memory verses. Tori wasn't feeling too good but she still video taped it for me. The first kid who could recite the memory verse back got a treat. After the skit we handed out water and crackers to everyone. Dr. Paul and the crew saw 15 more patients today while we did the VBS. By the time we got back Tori was in pretty bad shape and we've been working on getting her to feel better today.

Pastor Mathieu was scheduled to preach at a church in town tonight but I wasn't sure about the rain. We haven't had rain the last 2 nights and that was a first since we've been here. We had said that God can do anything and if he needs to preach tonight, He'll hold off the rain for a 3rd night. Guess what? It didn't rain tonight! God rocks!! 3 nights with no rain!!! The humidity is higher but NO RAIN!!!! This means more time to dry the mud!!!

Not exactly sure what's on the schedule for tomorrow. We were supposed to go to Hinche for a VBS but I'm not sure what the roads are like yet. Pastor Mathieu came from there on Sunday morning by motorcycle and he said the road is terrible. I told him that we took the same road when we came in on the 14th! Roads here are BAD!!

Anyway, that about wraps it up for today. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for Tori.

Blessings & Love from Pignon,
Diane

P.S. BTW, I got some Haitian coffee today to take home! :)

2 comments:

Mari said...

Hooray for no rain! Praying for Tori. I know this is hard for you too. Glad you have a Dr to check her out.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Praying for Tori!!!!
How is she today?