I thought this was a good way to start the new year and understand our place in God's Plan.
(from pages 180-181 entitled "All Power Is Given Unto Him")
Earlier we considered the kind of life God wants us to live now. As Jesus Christ was once bodily in the world, so are we now. This is the reality by which we must live and operate.
Jesus said, "As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." (John 20:21) Again and again we read through the New Testament that those who follow the Lord Jesus Christ are to be the living Christ to a lost and dying world -- manifesting the life of Christ in and through themselves. We are to be demonstrating His authority as His ambassadors in this world. It is easy for us to throw up our hands and say, "It is impossible to live a life like that. I am not Christ. I cannot live it. I have tried and tried. It is useless."
When we listen to that demonic voice, discouragement set in. We lose faith, and soon we find ourselves fighting a losing battle.
We must always remember that as followers of Christ, we are living in a world whose prince still is Satan. We are behind enemy lines. We're like paratroopers who have been dropped into enemy territory. Never forget that we are fighting this spiritual battle in the enemy's camp. Unless you recognize this fact, you will continue to be discouraged, and Satan will push you to the sidelines.
I encourage you rather to meditate on all the resources and the power the Lord has given to us. Let us never forget that, as He gave us the Great Commission, He also promised, "Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." (Matthew 28:20)
We are not alone. We are not powerless. We have supernatural strength and miracle power to fight this battle. Instead of listening to satanic porpaganda, let's turn to the many promises and encouragements that Jesus has given us in His Word, then Bible. Here we can find examples of godly men and women who have gone before us and triumphed in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment