Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lack of Blogging Lately...

I have to apologize for not doing much blogging lately. To be honest, I just haven't felt like it too much.



Manna Meals has been keeping me pretty busy... not to mention the 2 teenagers that I've been dropping off, picking up, and running here and there. Logan has his license but he doesn't have his own car so he'd need to use one of ours. Mike's at work and I'm usually doing other things through the day so it just won't work for him to use one of our cars.



I am "almost" looking forward to my recovery time in March and April that will permit me from doing a whole lot of anything for a while. My surgery is March 5 and I'm sure by March 15 I'll be going crazy! I have a lot of projects that I've wanted to work on and this will be the perfect time for those! Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up with some of it.



Mike picked up 2 new rocker recliners for us last night. They're very comfortable and will be a nice spot for me to recouperate.



My friends Nate & Brenda will be leaving for Haiti on Saturday and Tiffany will be staying at their house with the kids for that week. Tori will be spending the weekend with them and should have a lot of fun! Our homegroup is planning on meeting them at the airport next week Saturday when they come back! I can't wait to hear what plans will be in place by then with the new mission Nate, Brenda, Troy & Tara are working on starting. God has already shown His Mighty Hand at work with this mission and it's very exciting to see what is happening!



My 300 post is coming up soon... if I ever get another 6 entries done! I plan on giving away one of my poem books for that. I have around 30 poems that I've written within the last 10 years and a couple ladies from our church made a book for me. They actually made about 16 of them. So check back to see if I've made it to 300 and you can enter to win a poetry book.



Until then, be a blessing to those you meet today!

2 comments:

Mari said...

A new chair is just what you need for your recovery time! Good job Mike!

Cheri said...

Don't feel guilty- I haven't felt much like blogging lately either!