Monday, November 3, 2008

On the Fence...



We had a visitor about a month or two ago perched on our fence. I will often look out our back window to see what kinds of birds I might find. I wasn't expecting to see such a large one on our fence though! I got the binoculars out and it confirmed what I thought... it was a hawk! They are so graceful... so beautiful... I took a few pictures with our video camera but they turned out a little bit blurry. You can still see pretty well how big "he" was though.

I love it when God shows us His nature up close!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


3 comments:

Cherdecor said...

I love the picture of your hawk. We have one that visits our backyard quite often. I heard some noise coming from our roof when I was upstairs. It sounded like a crow but softer. I ran downstairs and outside to look up and it was the hawk. Now why would a hawk sound like a crow? He must have been trying to trick somebody!

You are right, they are big amazing birds.

Mari said...

We had a hawk coming to the nursing home and sitting on the bench up front frequently this summer. They are so majestic looking.

Cheri said...

Wow- that's really cool. If you have a little dog- I wouldn't let him out or he might be lunch!