http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00377
Apparently I have had undiagnosed hip dysplasia all my life - I most likely was born with it - this is called congenital hip dysplasia. For most people, some form of arthritis is detected around the age of 60 or so. Because of this dysplasia, my time frame is moved up about 20 years.
It's kinda good to know that the pain isn't just in my head or that I've got a really low pain tolerance. The x-rays taken today showed "severe arthritis" in my left hip. It was recommended by the orthopaedic surgeon to have a total hip replacement done... better sooner than later.
There was so much information given to me this morning that my head is still swimming somewhat from it all. A lot of you knew about my doctor's appointment so I figured this would be the quickest way to reach most of you.
I am asking for your prayers over the next few months for peace and for me to handle the pain until surgery. The pain has continued to increase over the last 6 months and I just want to be able to get through the next 3 months without a lot more pain added on. I'm sure more prayer requests will be needed later but this is what is mainly needed right now. :)
God is the Great Physician and will hold me in His Hands, He will heal me, and He will care for me through everything!
Be blessed today!!


2 comments:
Diane I pray that this takes your pain away! I have noticed you limping more lately and wondered how much pain you were in. I am so glad to hear that something can be done about it.
I'm glad you have a diagnoses and a plan! You know we'll all be praying for you!
Post a Comment