Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soup Recipes!

I've been asked by my friend Kim to pass on a couple of soup recipes that I found recently and I thought this would be a good way to do that. They're both made in the slow cooker... of which I'm a big fan!!! They taste SO GOOD especially when the weather is... well, "Michigan-like"! I found these in the Campbell's Slow Cooker Recipe Book.


Bacon Potato Chowder

4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
4 soup cans milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)

1. Stir the bacon, onion, soup, milk, black pepper, potatoes, & 1/4 cup chives in a 6 quart slow cooker. (I make it in a 4 quart slow cooker and it fits fine)
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve with the remaining chives.


Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 cup Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 - inch pieces
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 soup can water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into strips
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I'm going to leave this out next time)

1. Stir the salsa, soup, chicken, corn, beans, water, and cumin in a 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 - 5 hours* or until the chiken is cooked through.
3. Stir the tortillas, 1 cup of the cheese and cilantro into the cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
*Or on HIGH for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

ENJOY!!!! :)

Be a blessing today!


3 comments:

Cheri said...

Yum- perfect for this time of year!

Mari said...

Thanks Diane - these sound so good, especially now!

Terri said...

Mari made the potato bacon soup for Cheri and me on Friday. It was delicious!