So far, the re-entry stress level has been manageable. It hasn't hit me like others on the team. I have times when I feel a twinge whether it's from a memory, feeling, or whatever. I know it will hit me sooner or later because last year I almost fell into a depression for a month or two.
A week from tomorrow Mike and I leave for our Alaskan cruise. Please keep me in your prayers about this - that will be just the right time for the stress to kick in BIG TIME!!! I've already been told by Tara (missionary in Haiti) to just enjoy the trip and not feel guilty about it... won't be easy. I'm hoping that God's scenery in Alaska will help the fact that I'm on a humongous cruise ship with more "stuff" than the Haitians will see in a lifetime!
Ok - the tears are starting to come now... must go...
Be a blessing today!


4 comments:
I agree with Tara. Even though it might be difficult at first, you need to go and enjoy the trip and the time with Mike!
I didn't realize your cruise was so close. Glad you are doing alright and I'll be praying about that stress.
I agree with Tara. Enjoy the trip! God's creation is so beautiful and he never said we could not enjoy ourselves. We just need to be aware! You are already aware so enjoy every minute!!
Just to remind you I can take your place if you need me to LOL!!!! The scenery will surely help! You will see another side of God's creation and hopefully that will give you the rest you need! Remember that God is in control of all things! We don't know why the people of haiti are suffering like they are! We only need to trust and remember that out of our abundance we can help and leave the rest in His very capable hands! Love you my friend!
Post a Comment