Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm starting to get excited now...

I can't believe Mike and I will be on our cruise ship in 3 days! We fly out EARLY on Saturday morning and should be in Anchorage early afternoon (their time). The cruise leaves port at 9:30 PM and we begin our journey through College Fjord, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and end up in Vancouver B.C. We'll fly out of Vancouver on next week Saturday and get home late that night.


I got a little overwhelmed yesterday when I found out how we're expected to dress for dinners. I'll have to dig for some proper attire I think! It will be a lot of fun though and I'm looking forward to it! I'm doing better with it than I was last week - thanks for all your prayers for that! At least we don't have to pack for 7 days worth of clothes - we have a self laundry right across from our room! The way I understand it we're on deck 5 in a room toward the front of the ship. We have a window but no balcony. I'm fine with that though - the cost really jumps to have a balcony and I really think the way we're doing it is better for us.


We'll take LOTS of pictures and video!! I'll have to learn how to put video on my blog now. I have a lot from Haiti too and haven't taken the time to learn how to post that yet.


So check out "our" ship at the site below. I know I had something on here before for you to look at but this one also has some pics from inside the ship. Of course it looks very extravagant and beautiful!


http://www.cruiseweb.com/PRINCESS-SHIP-DIAMOND.HTM?gclid=COiwss6d-ZQCFQNfFQodAWqhqA


Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

It looks so beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Diane,
I wouldn't worry too much about the dinner dress on the cruise. On the one I went on earlier this summer, I brought along way too many clothes because I thought we would need to "dress up" for the dinners (because that's what they said -- "semi-formal" or something)... but the dress varied quite a bit and I ended up not wearing a lot of the dressier clothes that I brought along. Just FYI... it may be different on your cruise. Have fun!!

Diane said...

Sara - thanks so much for the comment! I will definately feel a little more relaxed now about the whole wardrobe thing!

Chad and Tammy said...

That looks like SO much fun. Chad and I were on a Princess cruise a couple years ago, and I would have to agree with your niece about the attire. I don't think they are really that particular about it. We did dress up for the formal nights, but I even wore just khaki pants and a nice shirt a couple of the other nights. There were even people in shorts in the dining areas. I think you'll be fine!!

Melissa said...

Looks great! I hope you have an amazing time!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I am not jealous! I am not jealous! I am not jealous! O.K. I'm done! You know I wish you the best time!