Monday, August 18, 2008

We're back!!!

I know I've been gone from bloggy world for a long time but I'm back! Thank you, Brenda, for posting for me once last week! (FYI - Mari, she's already lost my password so I think I'm safe!)


As most of you know, Mike and I went on an Alaskan cruise for our 20th anniversary. Our anniversary is actually in June but this was when we took our week to celebrate it! We've been asked the question multiple times "What was your favorite part?" Neither of us really knows how to answer that because it's hard to pick just one favorite part! We saw so many beautiful and awesome things including Bald Eagles, Seals, Sea Otters, Humpback Whales, Orca Whales, Dolphins, Salmon (the size of small seals!!!!!), and so much more! We saw majestic mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, ..... It's hard for me to put into words all of our experiences we had last week! God truly has blessed us on this trip and we are very thankful for the opportunity!


I have posted just a few of the pictures we took. We have hours of video and LOTS of pictures!!! It's not the same of course as being there but I want to share with you as best as I can some of the sights we saw.


These first 5 photos are from Saturday, August 9th - the day we sailed.



Coming into AnchorageOur stateroom
I think this was our ship - if not, it looks a lot like it
A sight we never tired of...
A view of Whittier before leaving the dock
These next 5 are from Sunday, August 10th - traveling through College Fjord

Each glacier was named after a college - one side women's colleges, one side men's colleges






And just so you know that we were actually there... our first formal night


I hope you enjoyed your first 2 days/nights on your "virtual cruise" aboard the Diamond Princess. Tomorrow we will continue on days 3 and 4 - Glacier Bay and Skagway!

Be a blessing today!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I love the pictures. You two look so nice in that picture - I don't know if I've ever seen Mike in a suit. Tell him he'll have to wear it to church
PS - glad to hear your blog is safe from Brenda!

Melissa said...

Looks like a great time!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Beautiful, and you didn't turn out to bad yourself!

Cheri said...

That is a great picture of the two of you.
It really is so beautiful there- can't wait to see more pictures- especially of the whales!