Thursday, March 13, 2008

Deadly Flu Hits Close to Home...

A couple of nights ago I was talking to my brother-in-law who is a teacher in Minneapolis. He had some sad news to share with us... one of his students died last month very suddenly from the flu. She was 12 years old and a seventh grader. He is just getting over the flu himself and is trying to get a grasp on what has happened. You can find the article about her here. My heart goes out to all those affected by her death. Please keep him, the family of this girl, and the rest of the students and faculty in your prayers as they all try to process this tragic loss.


Be a blessing today!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my goodness- how tragic.
We take our health so for granted.
I'll be praying for this family!

Chad and Tammy said...

How very sad. I can't imagine what that community is going through. I'll be praying.

Mari said...

That is so sad. I'll be praying too.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Sad! Who would think that the flu could be so bad to someone so young! There is much out there to try and scare us, but God is Soverign! Praying for everyone concerned!