Thursday, March 20, 2008

Need Your Input!


Logan asked me this morning if he could go to Holland on Saturday with his friend Patrick. They'd probably go to Patrick's grandpa's house. I asked how they would get there and he said either Patrick's dad or his friend from Holland. This is a friend that happens to be a girl and I haven't met her yet (I don't think Logan has even met her yet). I don't have a problem with him having a friend that's a girl but it does add another factor to the mix. If you're a parent, I think you know where I'm coming from. I think she's around 16 so she's a new driver. My first thought was to say "NO" but I need to talk to Mike about it too and see what we come up with. This is a whole new realm of rules that we haven't had to face before. I would appreciate any input that you may have for Mike and me. I found a website on facts of teenage driving... not too comforting. You can go here to check it out.

Be a blessing today!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

It would be during the day- right? That would make a difference to me. I agree with you that I would definately feel better if I had at least met her before to at least get a feel for how responsible she seemed.

Zaankali said...

My answer is a little like Cheri's. I would be reluctant about the fact that you don't have any experience with this girl to know if she is responsible/mature or not.
One other note, our guideline for Zack is no more than one passenger in the car. Once you start getting multiple teens in a car it gets a little scary. It really can take away from the driver's focus.
My 2 cents.
Smiles!

Melissa said...

I'm going to add a different view point. I'm not a parent, but I am a teenage driver. I have had multiple people riding in my car with me and I have never been in an accident. However, that is me. I think that (if I were a parent) I would want to meet this girl first. You can tell a lot by a person, like how careful of a driver they are. I tend to be more careful when there are other people in the car with me, because I realize that I am responsible for the lives of others. So I guess I would say that it's kind of a judgement call for you, meet the girl and go from there I suppose. Or tell Logan that you would be more comfortable with Patrick's dad driving.

A Stone Gatherer said...

O.K. I really like Jen's answer, especially about only one other person in the car, which would rule it out because Logan would make 3. Right now all I want to say is NO, NO, NO!!! Is that rational?!

Mari said...

I'm glad I'm done with this part of teens! I have to agree with Jen. I'm sorry to say that I remember how I goofed off in the care when there was more than one passenger and I've read about statistics that show increased accidents with increased passengers. This is tough because what you decide now, will affect both kids for a while!

Chad and Tammy said...

I don't have any advice for you. I'm just taking notes for future reference!! :)