Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jesus is a Friend...

This is one of my devotionals today and I thought it was a good reminder to all of us. This is taken from "God's Little Devotional Book for Women".



Jesus is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you anyway.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
~ Romans 5:8

At a crucial transition time a Christian woman cried out to the Lord, despairing over the lack of spiritual power and fruitfulness she was experiencing in her life. Suddenly she sensed Jesus standing beside her, asking, "May I have the keys to your life?"

The experience was so realistic, the woman reached into her pocket and took out a ring of keys. "Are all the keys here?" the Lord asked.

"Yes, except the key to one small room in my life."

"If you cannot trust Me in all rooms of your life, I cannot accept any of the keys."

The woman was so overwhelmed at the thought of the Lord moving out of her life altoghether, she cried, "Lord...take the keys to all the rooms of my life!"

Many of us have rooms we hope no one will ever see. We intend to clean them out someday, but "someday" never seems to come. When we invite Jesus into these rooms, He will help us clean them. With Him, we have the courage to throw away all the "junk", and fill the rooms with His love and peace and joy.


Be blessed today!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Great devotional. I read that book too and I enjoyed it.
The meat we canned was pork steak. It is so nice to have around because it's such a quick and easy supper when you're in a hurry- not to mention it's delicious!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh yeah, I think I've said that a time or two or more! Thanks for the convicting post!