Saturday, May 10, 2008

In His Hands

I wrote this poem for my Mom years ago when she had surgery. I really can't remember the details of the surgery but I know that it went well. As most of you know she is now in Heaven. I miss her very much and it's always hard around certain holidays to not have her around (that goes for my Dad as well - I miss him so much too).


IN HIS HANDS

One day long ago
A child came to earth.
She started her life anew
In His hands at birth.

Now life is full of many turns
As well as you may know.
But from every twist and curve
Is how He makes her grow.

He guides her every step she takes
And leads her where He needs.
Her life is in His hands
To plant His garden seeds.

Her heart is full of love and kindness
For all the world to see.
He uses this perfect garden tool
To work in you and me.

Each twist and turn she takes
On this earthly place
Only makes her one turn nearer
To seeing His wonderful face.

In His hands is where she’ll stay
When work on earth is done.
The beauty of the seeds she’s planted
Will be rewarded by the Son.

She knows that He is always there
To guide her on her way.
She need not worry for tomorrow
For He’s already there today.


I Love You With All My Heart, Mom!
Your Daughter, Diane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, Diane! I'm sure your mom is smiling from heaven!
Happy Mother's Day,
~Debi

Unknown said...

I stumbled on to your blog through Mari, I love the poem, it really touched my heart.. I lost my Mom five yrs ago and miss her terribly but know she is Home with the Lord too. Blessed Mother's day to you