Monday, May 12, 2008

"In Me" by Casting Crowns

Yesterday we went to my in-laws for Mother's Day and we let Logan drive. He likes to listen to a CD when driving so he picked out the "Lifesong" CD by Casting Crowns. It was still in the drive this morning and this song played. I'm always moved by this song - especially toward the end when the child sings a part of it. Please check it out and be uplifted today knowing that you are not on your own but Christ is (or can be) in you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxaR2sR9dD0



If You ask me to leap

Out of my boat on the crashing waves

If You ask me to go

Preach to the lost world that Jesus saves



I'll go, but I cannot go alone

Cause I know I'm nothing on my own

But the power of Christ in me makes me strong

Makes me strong



Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong

When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me

Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability

How refreshing to know You don't need me

How amazing to find that You want me

So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength

Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me



If You ask me to run

And carry Your light into foreign land

If You ask me to fight

Deliver Your people from Satan's hand



I'll go, but I cannot go alone

Cause I know I'm nothing on my own

But the power of Christ in me makes me strong

Makes me strong



Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong

When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me

Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability

How refreshing to know You don't need me

How amazing to find that you want me

So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength

Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me



To reach out with Your hands

To learn through Your eyes

To love with the love of a savior

To feel with Your heart

And to think with Your mind

I'd give my last breath for Your glory





Be blessed and be a blessing!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I love that song. Nick was driving yesterday too. I was thinking in my head that I never thought I would look forward to riding with Mark again- hee hee!

Anonymous said...

That is my FAVORITE cd right now! If you get a chance, listen to "Love them like Jesus". Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
~Debi

Mari said...

I love that song - thanks for sharing it today!