Sunday, May 11, 2008

Never Say Good-Bye...

I posted this poem last November for the 5 year mark of my Mom's death but thought it would be appropriate to post it again for Mother's Day. I wrote this in her memory 2 weeks after she died. On the last day I was able to talk to her, when it was time for me to leave, she would not give me a kiss good-bye. I know it was because she thought if she didn't give me a kiss then I wouldn't leave but, after looking back on it, I believe it was also a way to say that we never have to say good-bye...



Never Say Good-Bye

When God calls His children home
We need not say good-bye.
It’s only for a little while
‘Til we see them again on high.

Now Mom’s work is done;
Left behind so many seeds.
She always toiled happily
To carry out God’s deeds.

“Never say good-bye”, she said
That last Friday afternoon.
It’s only until later
And we’ll see each other soon.

We yet have work to do
While on this earth we stay.
We need to use our hearts to listen
For the task at hand today.

I’ll never say good-bye
Only see you soon one day.
Once my earthly work is done
And God leads me home to stay.

I love you, Mom!
And I’ll see you later!
Your Daughter, Diane
Happy Mother's Day to all you who are Mom's!!!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I remember when you posted this before - it touched me then and still does. In 2 weeks it will be 5 years since my Mom passed and I know I'll see her again!

Nate and Brenda said...

Diane,
That is such a beautiful poem!!!

God has certainly given you a wonderful gift!!

Cheri said...

That is really beautiful Diane. You truly do have a talent with your writings.
Happy Mothers Day to you!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Beautiful! I remember when you wrote this! I'm so glad God gave you a talent for words!