Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This is our time...

The following is an excerpt from the book "God's Armor Bearer - Book 2" by Terry Nance. God leaves nothing to chance - everyone is exactly where they are meant to be on His timeline.

...Second Timothy 1:9 says God's purpose and grace was given to us in Christ before the world ever began. God knew who you were before you were born. Before He ever said, "Light be," He knew you in His omnipotent mind. He had a reason for your being born in the generation in which you were born.

I got real honest with God one day, and I asked Him while in prayer, "I want to know why I am here? I want to know why I was born in to the Nance family? Why am I here at this time?"

You see, you had nothing to do with it. God did not ask your opinion when He planned you and made you. It was all up to Him. Why were we not born in the days of Abraham, Moses, David, or even Jesus? Why were we not born in the fifteenth, sixteenth, or seventeenth centuries? Why did God put us in this last generation?

I believe, when God created the world, He saw a time period in which sin would abound as never before, a time when great calamities would happen on the earth. He foresaw a time when the greatest deception would come to try the people of God, and a time when gross darkness would come on many people, and the love of many would wax cold.

In the midst of seeing all this, I believe God said to Himself, "I am going to raise up a people who will not compromise My Word, a people with My Spirit, anointing, and joy to go forth in those days and usher in the greatest move of My Spirit the world has ever seen. I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh and raise up a glorious Church without spot or wrinkle." (Eph. 5:27)

When God determined these things, He said it would be a "special" people to live in these days, and in His mind, He saw you. He saw you and put you in place for a divine purpose.

No matter what position you hold, you are there to produce for the Kingdom of God and bring the lost into the saving knowledge of Jesus. We must realize that we were called before we met our families, our spouses, or anyone else in our lives. And we must, at the Judgment, give account to God for what we did with that purpose and calling.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ;

that everyone may receive the things done in his body,

according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:10

It is an awesome thing to think that I will stand before Jesus and give an account of what I did with the gifts and calling on my life. My pastor will not be able to stand up for me and say that I was a good associate. My wife will not be able to testify that I was a good husband. Only I can answer the Lord.

He will say, "Terry, what did you do with what I gave you. Did you fulfill your assignment?"

Be a blessing today!


1 comment:

Cheri said...

Looks like a good devotional!