Thursday, July 3, 2008

Breaking News....

We have just returned from the Med Center! Hang on to your chair --- Logan was hit by a truck on his bike this afternoon!!!! First of all PRAISE GOD he's ok. He was riding his bike on the sidewalk along M-45 to the library to return some books around 4:30-4:45. As he was approaching the drive to the bank, a truck was exiting but slowing down so Logan slowed but kept going. The driver of the truck never looked or saw him. From how I understand it he was t-boned and ended up almost to the median. He has minor scrapes on his arms and what looks to be a sprained wrist. He didn't get the guys name or license plate number but Mike might check at the bank on Saturday to see if he can find out anything on that (witnesses, cameras, etc.). (Late addition: The truck driver stopped and helped Logan up and asked if he was ok. Logan said he was ok so the driver left. We have now informed our kids that if something like this ever would happen again - praying it won't - they need to make sure to get the driver's name and license plate number for insurance purposes. The med center had a sheriff talk to Mike and Logan last night and a report was filed. If we find out who it was, his auto insurance is supposed to pay the medical bills. Make sure to talk to your kids about stuff like this - I never thought to tell them what to do in cases like this if we're not around.) Logan will need to keep it wrapped up to 7 days and take it easy a little bit. He leaves for Boy Scout Summer Camp on Sunday so this will be interesting how he fares with all of that.

Your prayers are coveted for a few things: 1) Thank God that he wasn't hurt worse!!! 2) That Logan will do ok with it at camp next week. 3) That Logan will be able to do what needs to be done for his merit badges (archery for one).

No matter what he can or can't do in the next week, I praise and thank God for bringing him through with little injury! God is good all the time!!!

Have a blessed evening!
D

8 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - what an afternoon! I'm so happy Logan is okay. That's a big praise! We'll be praying for him at camp.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh my goodness Diane! How awful!!! I think I heard the sirens today! Were there sirens? I'll be praying he does O.K. next week!

Diane said...

Kim - no sirens for Logan today! He didn't even call us to tell us until after he went to the library, found it was closed, dropped his books in the book deposit, went to the Dollar Store and bought a 2 liter of DP! (Teenagers do have drive as long as it's something they really want!)

The pain must not have been too bad at first. But he did say that he couldn't ride his bike since it was "broken". I haven't even gotten that far yet to check out what's wrong with it!

Chad and Tammy said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad that he's okay!!

Cheri said...

Wow- God was really looking out for him.
The guy took off?????
He's so lucky Logan was ok.

Zaankali said...

Oh my goodness! You would think Logan is big enough for a driver to not overlook. Kinda like someone almost backing into my suburban in a parking lot. How do you not see such large objects when you are supposed to be looking for such things?
I just realized that I made it sound like Logan was as large as a suburban wouldn't that be funny? Sorry.
Smiles!

Marcey said...

Wow! We are so happy to hear that Logan was able to walk away unscathed! After Niko's accident, we can empathize with you. Sorry to just be responding but we were away on vacation.

Hope the rest of your holiday was a little less exciting!

Nate and Brenda said...

I am sooooooo glad that he is okay. Thank goodness I was hanging onto my chair when you called me.