We made it safely and ON TIME for once!!! We were thrown off a little when we actually left the gate in Miami and didn't have a delay to wait for them to find someone's luggage that didn't show up for the flight. :)
We are currently sitting around in the lower house waiting for church here on the mission to start. It starts at 9 or 9:30 so we have a nice relaxing morning. I just started hearing some singing going on - Sunday School has started it sounds like which is before the service.
The heat isn't near as bad as I was expecting - we're not even dripping with sweat but it's only 8:30 yet so a couple of hours and we'll have sweat dripping down our faces and backs I'm sure! Still though not as bad as it was last August --- yet... :)
We'll unpack all the suitcases this afternoon and organize what we need for every day. Tomorrow we will have our first VBS for the village of LaDigue. We'll hold that right here in the mission. Tuesday is planned on going up to the mountain village of Petit Bwa, Wednesday to an orphanage in Cabaret and the resort, Thursday VBS for Barbancourt again held in the mission, and Friday VBS at the orphanage Canaan.
I will try to update as much as possible but you can also check out Brenda's blog, Tammy's blog, Troy & Tara's blog, and Lighthouse Mission blog - all links are on my side bar.
Keep the prayers coming - God is working and we know that satan doesn't want more people brought to God! Thanks for remembering us and holding us up!
Love in Christ,
Diane
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that ya'll made it safely and everything! I will be praying for you this week and I hope you have a great time! Send my greetings to everyone! :)
Glad you made it - and on time. I'll be watching everyone's blog for updates!
So glad to hear you guys made it! We did too! I'll keep checking in! Be safe and God bless!
Post a Comment