I think it went really good for the first day and all the kids looked like they had a great time! This is my first year "again" of doing a rotation and not being a co-director. Previously I've been involved with VBS for about 3 or 4 years as a rotation leader. The last 6 years I've co-directed for our church so it was quite different for me to be doing the rotation leader part of it again. I did some of the co-director role as far as working with our Children's Ministry Director, Kim, on some of it and I still organized the recruitment sheets (where everyone is needed). I had a lot of questions still asked of me last night during set up and this morning but I don't mind at all and just want to do what I can. It's all for God's glory and to tell these kids about Him and how He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us so that we can live forever with Him!If you've been reading my blog for a while you probably remember me posting about where God has been leading me in the last year. I have decided to step down from co-directing and focus on missions. I've organized the VBS for our Haiti trip last August and have organized the VBS for this month's Haiti trip too. I absolutely love the kids this age and feel that God has directed me to this area of service. Brenda and Tori are in the video rotation with me and we are having a lot of fun with it. We show a short video, do a science experiment, and ask some questions. It's amazing how quickly the time flies by. Some of the kids really come up with some great answers! It's quite a blessing to hear what they have to say!
I'm not really sure how much blogging I'll be doing this week and next week since this week we have VBS at OUR church and on Saturday we leave for Haiti where we'll be doing VBS 4 days for 4 different villages and/or locations. We are now down to a little more than 100 hours before we leave for Haiti!!!!! Please hold our entire team in your prayers and also those who we are to tell about Jesus! Pray that their hearts are prepared to receive Him as their Savior and that they find HOPE in Him!
I also need to ask for your prayers to cover me physically for this trip. The arthritis in my hip has been really hurting the last couple of months or so and I would like to be able to get around easier with less pain while there. Whether it is God's will to take this pain from me or not, that is what I want for me - only for God's will to be done! He is with me always and He will get me through whatever He brings me to!
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for this trip! I will try to update while we're gone too but internet will need to be working and time will need to permit for each person on a team of 16 to all get their turn. I am very thankful for another opportunity to go to Haiti and to experience this with my daughter, Tori! I love her so much and I love to see how God is moving in her life!
Look for God's opportunities He's laying before you to be a blessing!


4 comments:
Glad to hear you got a good start today! I'll be praying for you as you prepare for the trip.
You are a treasure! Thanks for all your help!
I'll be praying for your trip to Haiti. I hope your hip feels better too.
Diane:
Praying for you!! Please give all the Livesays a hug from me!!
Love ya
Karla
Post a Comment