First of all, THANKS SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR THIS HAITI TEAM!!!! We have seen over and over how much we are blanketed in prayer and God's protection!
Monday we had our first day of VBS here at the mission for the village of LaDigue. The kids were very well behaved and everything went really, really well. In the afternoon we went to Barbancourt - some rode in the truck but most walked. On the way there we saw an accident (not actually when it happened We were able to serve the meal there again for them and also did a few updates for sponsored kids. I was able to see Daphterlie again and get some more pics of her! I can't believe how tall she's gotten since last August! I talked with her for a little bit and Lynda (one of our team members who talks Creole) explained to some of the other kids that I was her American Mama. That probably wasn't a great way to explain it because then they all wanted me to be their Mama!!
We went to the mountain village of Petit Bwa today - most hiked, 6 rode in the truck (we didn't take mules after all). I rode in the back of the truck on the way there and in the front of the truck with Troy on the way back down. I'm not sure if I like to see the bumps coming or not! We almost tipped the truck over on the way up and probably would've if it wasn't for 2 guys in the back of the truck, Adam in the front, and some Haitians trying to repair that part of it (they were from Petit Bwa and were making repairs for us). They all pushed on the right side of the truck and kept it from tipping over! Troy said the left tire was about a foot off the ground! That was scary! VBS went really great and after this a group went around praying with some church members. The witch doctor was watching them for a while and ended up asking them to pray over him and he accepted Jesus in his heart today!
I need to get off the computer now to let someone else get on!
Be a blessing today!
Diane
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am praying for you all!! Continue to have a great time!!
Hugs
Very exciting news from all of you today! The truck part is scary though!
Post a Comment