Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finishing up...

We have been finishing up some projects here today like painting at Pastor Rony's house and organizing at the trade school. Paige gave some of us a cooking lesson today on how to make fried plantains! Brenda is REALLY good at making them now so I'll be expecting them at our next home group! :) Most of the group (not me) went to market and Charcoal Beach. I've been there and really didn't need to see that again.

We had the translators come to visit us today not to say "good-bye" but "see you later" or "when we meet again". Patrick came by this afternoon on his motorcycle and Son and his cousin Renald (sp?) came tonight. Son and Renald spent some time on our porch singing and having a good time.

Patrick told me a couple days ago that he wants me to come back again next year. It means so much to me to hear that the people here want us back and that what we do here means so much to them. We've been given many, many reaffirmations for the reason we were put here this week. Praise God for the work He does through us. He doesn't need us to get done what he wants accomplished but He chooses to use us for His purpose! That is just so cool!

It's so hard to leave Haiti! I just love these people and this country so much! It's so much harder leaving now since future trips are so uncertain with Troy and Tara leaving this mission. God knows where we'll be serving. I'll just have to wait to see what He has planned.

Be a blessing to someone today!
Diane

1 comment:

Mari said...

I've enjoyed reading the blogs with the updates. We're praying for a safe trip back!