We had a great day today! It started out with an awesome devotion time at prayer rock with the team. I was asked if I'd be willing to lead this morning's devotions and I had one picked out on John 3:30. After our experiences yesterday we had a lot to say about this topic. Read this passage sometime and really hear what it says.
We then headed out to Cabaret Kids orphanage to do a craft project with the kids and just love on them for a while. We had 3 crosses cut out of pressboard and painted green. Nate drilled holes in them so we could hang them up. One cross was bigger than the other 2. We did the kids' handprints on the crosses and wrote their names with puffy paint on their handprint. There were three columns where you walk into the orphanage so we hung them up there. They look so amazing! The kids were so excited to have this project done with them! I was able to see the girl I held most of the time last year when I was there. Her name is Islanda and I think she's grown a foot taller since last August!!! She was so happy to see me again and I hung around with her for a lot of the time. She was in school when we first got there but her sister went to take her out of school for a while to come and see me. When we left I called to her and threw her kisses - she threw some back at me! :) She's so sweet!!!
This afternoon we went to Wahoo Resort for some swimming in the ocean and the pool. We had dinner there before we left - I had the Chicken Creole --- YUMMY! We were heading back to the mission and saw the dark clouds coming over the mountains... I knew all too well what that meant... we were going to get wet - AGAIN! This time we were all in the big truck, however it does have a tear in the middle of the tarp. So we were rained on - again... we got very wet - again... we all couldn't believe how cold we got - again! We were able to get all the way to the mission this time without any road being washed out! The rain wasn't near as bad as last year so that was a good thing!
Some of the team (and Adam) are having a water balloon fight right now! I can hear them screaming... I'm not the least bit interested in getting wet again tonight!
Tomorrow we plan on doing the VBS for Barbancourt. It will be held here at the mission so it will be somewhat of an "easy" day. We'll be working on some work projects that need to be done possibly tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks again for your prayers!
Be blessed and keep looking for those opportunities to bless someone!
Diane
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment