We were able to enjoy worship with the people of LaDigue this morning at the chapel on the mission. The people here always seem so happy to see the "blans" in their country. The new couple that moved here to help run the mission is very nice. Their names are Adam and Amber White. It's kind of a little joke that the "White's" moved to Haiti! :) After the church service we went into the village to pray over some people that needed prayer. We were able to give out some of the Bibles that Kim's daughter Bekah provided through her bake sale. All who received one were very pleased and thankful! This afternoon we went to the dam - yes I made it but I think I am done walking for the day now! Pray for healing in my hip so that I can do and see things this week that I'd like to be able to do and see. A group is on a tour now of the mission - I've already been on that tour so I didn't need to do that again. In a little while a group will be going into the village again to pray over a gentleman that has just accepted Christ as his Savior! What a privilege to be able to pray for and with people!
Just a note for Amy --- I got your voice mail, Brenda got your e-mail --- we won't be doing the special craft with the orphanages this year. :( We will have to keep the stuff and maybe do this another time with them. We've already been thinking about something else to do - "degage"! I am so sorry that you put all that work into it and now we're not using it! I think the bag got dropped off for the Kentucky sale along with some other things I had for that. I went to Brenda's to drop off the Haiti stuff after dropping the sale stuff off. Oh well, need to move on...
Thanks for all your prayers for this team! The familiar humidity is back and we now all feel like we're offically experiencing Haiti! ;-)
Be a blessing today!
Diane
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like a good Sunday! I'll be praying for your hip and for you all to stay cool!
Sounds like everything is going well. I'm praying for you guys!
Post a Comment