Yesterday
Tori and I had the privilege to help out with my niece, Kayla's, birthday party. Kayla turned 8 and had requested this year that rather than the kids attending the party give HER presents, they take something for CHARITY! How cool is that?! My sister-in-law called United Way and they gave her the name of a charity that had the biggest need right now.

The charity is called Pathways and this is the wish list they sent her to put on her invitation...
Kayla made this poster to have on the gift table.
Here's the birthday girl with all the donations unwrapped.
Here's the group who were invited to the party - all but one that were invited came!
(The bigger one on the right is my nephew Cole and the shorter one in the front in green is my other nephew Caden - they both helped with the party and had a great time as well)
When they arrived at the party, they could all decorate a hat and then a while later they were able to choose from a few different crafts.
They had hockey set up down the driveway and my brother-in-law was giving hayrides to small groups of kids.
Tori was in charge of the face painting.
This was the game I ran - darts and 8 year olds!? All went fine though! :)
This was a water balloon toss - the water balloons went on for a looooonnnnnggg while! :)
I hope you had an awesome birthday Kayla! I love you!! - Aunt Diane
6 comments:
What an awesome idea and what a great thing for the kids to be part of!
What a great kid to have a party like that! Happy Birthday Mikaela!
That is so neat that she asked for those donations instead of gifts for herself!
What a great idea! What a selfless little princess! I'll have to mention that to Bekah! The party looked like alot of fun!
How great is that! Kayla gave us all something to think about, I've never given up my birthday presents.Sweet. take care,Patty
Hi Aunt Diane, it is me Mikaela. Thank you for the great birthday stuff you helped me with and tell Tori thank you too! I get to go and deliver my presents tomorrow!
I love you Aunt Diane and Tori!
PS. All the kids loved the Party.
Post a Comment