K.P. Yohannan is the founder and international director of Gospel for Asia. He wrote a book called "Revolution in World Missions". This book is free to anyone who wants one. I've read it before and I will be reading it again. There's one part in it that I want to post here today. I hope you read the book if you haven't already... and if you've read it, read it again! :)
"Is missions an option - especially for super-wealthy countries like America? The biblical answer is clear. Every Christian in America has some minimal responsibility to get involved in helping the poor brethren in the Church in other countries."God has not given this superabundance of blessings to Western Christians so we can sit back and enjoy the luxuries of this society - or even in spiritual terms, so we can gorge ourselves on books, teaching cassettes and deeper-life conferences. He has left us on this earth to be stewards of these spiritual and material blessings, learning how to share with others and administer our wealth to accomplish the purposes of God.
"What is the bottom line? God is calling us as Christians to alter our lifestyles, to give up the nonessentials of our lives so we can better invest our wealth in the kingdom of God."
(taken from "Revolution in World Missions" by K.P. Yohannan - chapter 9).
Hope to see you at The Isaiah Project this weekend!
Be a blessing today!


3 comments:
I'm really excited for this weekend! I agree with you that anyone who hasn't read "Revolution in World Missions" definitely needs to!
I'm reading it now - I find I need to absorb it so it's taking a while but it really is good and makes a person think.
Amen!! Enjoyed peeking at your blog. I love all the glory you give to God :)
Post a Comment