Today we had our first clinic just down the road from Dr. Paul's and Pastor Mathieu's parents house in Crebapied. We left here about 8:30 and started the clinic around 9:00. It only took a couple of hours but it was so amazing! Dr. Paul has it set up very well. His sister has them fill out a paper with their information on it. Then they go to a nurse to have their vitals taken and recorded. If they need to see Dr. Paul, that's where they go next. Then they move on to get their medicine. Next they go to a table with the reading glasses and also are given instructions on how to take their medicine. The last thing they do before they leave is to have prayer with someone.
Tori and Daphnie were told to bag pills. Daphnie also helped me later with translating. I was told to pray over each patient before they left. I had a translator for this but when he got busy with other patients Daphnie translated for me. Jonathan was supposed to watch Makayla so Daphnie could help with the clinic. All went pretty well but I think Jonathan got hot and tired watching his sister! She is pretty active! ;)
We had lunch at Dr. Paul's parents' house. This is where Daphnie and Makayla are staying. We had a chance to visit with their family for a while which was very nice. We then went back to the house and didn't do much else in the afternoon. We wanted to visit the hospital in town but our driver didn't want to come out since it was supposed to rain... ...
Anyway, tomorrow and Friday we'll be doing another clinic in Defon. The clinics are done in the mornings and are finished before noon. This leaves the rest of our days open. We talked to Dr. Paul tonight and told him that we would love to do more if there's things for us to do the rest of the days. He might have things for us to do. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
It rained here hard for about 1/2 hour this afternoon and it's raining again tonight. I hope the roads don't get too bad with mud. We would like to do some things and visit some more places but if the roads are too muddy the vehicles can't get through. There's talk of taking a motorcycle but I'm not sure how that would work for me. Again, we'll see what happens.
I guess that's about it for now. I'll try to keep the updates coming as long as I can get the computer from Jonathan! ;)
Love from Haiti,
Diane
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like a great first day!
Praying for you guys!!!! Get on that bike you biker chick!!!!
Post a Comment