Sorry I didn't update yesterday... I tried to get a connection for 45 minutes and finally gave up. We did a clinic yesterday morning and this morning in Defon. Yesterday we had 8 patients and today we had 23. I was able to pray with each of them before they left. I am so humbled by these people. They have so many health issues, financial issues, and family issues but they never give up or give in. Many say they have pain and the typical old age issues going on but then they just ask me to pray for anything that God lays on my heart because they are just happy and content. They have a lot to teach others about contentment and perseverance. I dare anyone to learn from them!
Yesterday we visited an orphanage that we can see from Dr. Paul's house. I have a pamphlet from them and plan on checking them out online as well. It's a very clean place which is nice to see. It houses 14 girls and 28 boys at the present time. A couple from Kansas City runs it and has been here for 8 years. We're going to see if we can do a VBS there too maybe some afternoon next week or next Saturday since we have a free day that day.
It started raining here around 3:30 this afternoon and it's still raining (7:00 PM now). We were going to play cards with Daphnie at her in-law's house this afternoon but because of the rain and what it does to the roads we couldn't go. One of these days I hope we can get over there to play cards.
Tomorrow we plan on going to a kids club in TeBlanche. The pastor was here a little while ago talking to Dr. Paul and he said he wanted us to do the whole club time with our VBS. Pray that all goes well with that and that Tori and I remember everything from last year! ;) Dr. Paul was trying to find a kids CD of music to play to draw them inside. Not sure how he did with that but we'll wing it.
All of us are doing very well. Daphnie was a little sick last night and this morning. She was given some tea for it and she was feeling fine again by the time we picked them up for the clinic this morning.
Tori and I woke up this morning at 5:30 to a dog yipping and howling. Turns out that Dr. Paul was given a puppy yesterday and that's what we were hearing. I hope he calms down a little bit for tonight. I don't hear him right now so maybe he's sleeping.
Sorry if this is a little muddled... I'm trying to write things as they come to me.
Thanks for all the prayers! I would like you to continue to pray for safety, peace, and boldness if you would please.
Blessings to you all from Pignon, Haiti,
Diane
Friday, June 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Glad to hear all is going well. Logan and I are surviving and Ember is missing you. Every night when I get home she is right next to me and when I sit on the couch she just stares at your chair.
Miss you!
Love, Mike
Gotcha Sista's!!!! Praying for you!!!
Thanks for the update - it's nice to hear what's happening.
Hope you sleep well tonight with no yipping!
Post a Comment