Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday, June 19, 2011

We went to 2 churches this morning. The first was in Pignon and actually started at 5:30 but we didn't get there until about 7:00 or so. I went up front with Dr. Paul to tell them who we were and what we were doing while in Haiti. The message was taken from Matthew 19:27-30. Dr. Paul told us later that this was preached for us. This is so humbling. The second was further away (can't remember the town now and don't have my sheet in front of me) and much smaller. We were going to go to Dr. Paul's dad's church but couldn't get there because the roads were too muddy to drive on. We went to a sister church and there were so many people that kept going up there to sing (found out later that they did that because we were there). "Papa Pierre" gave the message from Genesis but I can't remember off hand exactly where.

We played Casino again this afternoon. KIM: WE DEFINITELY HAVE TO PLAY THIS SOME NIGHT!!!! It's so much fun!

Later we took a ride out to "Papa Pierre's" house and walked to a couple of sites that he owns (he owns a total of 4). Pastor Mathieu and Daphnie will be able to choose which one they like to build a house. Dr. Paul likes one for his clinic. All beautiful... it's Haiti after all!!!

That's about it for today I guess. Didn't get much rain but it's very humid right now. Feels like we might get some tonight yet. I keep hearing distant thunder but not much rain.

Tomorrow and Tuesday - another clinic. Wednesday - VBS. Thursday and Friday - another clinic.

Continue to pray... God knows what we need even though I can't always put into words the things to pray for.

Love and blessings from Pignon!
Diane

1 comment:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Looking forward to it!!! Hey when you get time check out my latest post on my homiletics. I want your opinion!! Glad you had a great day yesterday!!!