Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday, June 18, 2011

We went to watch a kid's program today and when the pastor found out we would be coming he asked if we would do the program. We did our VBS for them and started around 8:30. First we had them sing so we could set up and then we did the puppet show. We brought granola bars for a snack and had someone go buy some water. We tried to play games outside with them but that didn't last very long because the pastor thought it was too hot for them outside. I think the pastor expected us to hand out clothes and food today. It seemed like he really didn't expect much from the gospel message but more from handouts. This disappointed Tori and me so much. I just hope and pray that some seeds were planted today.

We went to the market today too but Tori and I didn't buy anything. When we got back to the house we had Dr. Paul's aunt here with items for us to purchase. Daphnie bartered for us and we were able to get a shirt and painting for Tori and an apron and keychain for me ... all for $12.00! Later James came inside with 4 hankerchiefs - 1 for each Daphnie, Jonathan, Tori, and me. He said he couldn't do much for us but wanted to give us something. I told him that his smile was enough for me. :)

Daphnie and Dr. Paul's sister taught Tori and me how to play Casino after lunch. We played that until they had to go back home before the rain hit again. Tori and I played the rest of the afternoon. Dr. Paul joined us for about an hour before dinner. That was a lot of fun!

Tomorrow we'll be going to a church in town here that starts at 5:30 but we'll leave here about 6:00. I think it's time for a shower and then bed!! Power will be going off soon again.

Blessings from Haiti!
Diane

P.S. Pastor Mathieu - say hi to everyone in GR West International tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

So will we be playing Casino at one of nights out now??

Mari said...

I'm sorry you had a disappointment with the Bible School, but God was there, and you never know what was planted through your words and actions.