This moring we went over to Papa Pierre's house and did a little prayer "walk" (rode in the van). We were able to pray with 4 people and their households. One man was blind, one lady couldn't walk, another lady (can't remember specifics), and another man who is crippled from a fall from a coconut tree (broke his spine).
We were able to "tour" a sugar cane mill also this morning. I videotaped the process and it's really quite interesting. We then walked over to something that we would probably call a distillery where they use the cane syrup and make alcohol like rum. The smell is something that I can quite discribe but really don't need to smell it again. Very hot and stinky in those places! I found out that sugar cane is the biggest source of income for the Pignon area.
Talked to Pastor Mathieu tonight to make sure he had the right times for his flights. Not sure yet how he'll be getting from PAP to Pignon but God will get him here somehow! Interesting how things get done in Haiti. Also, how everything depends on the rain. If there's rain, there's muddy roads. Some you can cross and some you can't. Life is cut off at some points and you wait for the sun to dry it to a point where you can cross once again.
Kind of like the storms of life... they can leave things a mess for a while but through the Grace of God, He shines the Son on it and dries it up so you can move on.
It's been raining for a long time now and I'm hoping that we'll still be able to make it to clinic in the morning. Please pray that the roads are dry enough for us to cross.
Blessings from Pignon!
Diane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm hoping you make it home!!! Don't miss your flights! Hey I was thinking. What if you taught Bekah and I how to make that Rainbow Jello? She would love it! We could maybe make a day of it this summer.
You sure have had the rain on this trip! I like your analogy to the storms of life!
Post a Comment