Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

Yesterday we didn't make it to clinic again because of the rain and mud. This is so discouraging because so many people are waiting for us to come and then we can't make it there. The same goes for the VBS we were supposed to do this past Wednesday. The kids are so disappointed. Not sure if we will be able to make it out there yet or not before we go home.

We ended up going out to Papa Pierre's house. He knew we were bored so he's been thinking hard of what we could do. He took us to a camp nearby his house. It's kind of like Camp Geneva in Haiti. The kids come for 3-5 days and learn about Christ. This camp can house somewhere between 100-200 kids. There are 2-3 more camps in Haiti like this; one closer to Port-au-Prince that houses 500-600 kids.

We played Dominos for a while here after lunch yesterday and then I went to lay down because of a headache I woke with in the morning. It was getting worse and I started thinking it was turning into a migraine. Over the course of the afternoon I got sick 2 times and didn't have dinner. Dr. Paul was concerned that I wasn't eating. He came in there with his wife Jenny and asked some things. I had some pills for nausea which I had taken one in the morning already but that had worn off around 2:00. He had me take another one of those. He came in a few minutes later to take my blood pressure. It was a little higher at 114/90. He said it was probably from the pain. I slept for about 12 hours. This morning I still had a little bit of a headache but am trying to push through it.

We went to market this morning (Dr. Paul said I shouldn't have gone). I needed to get out of the house for a while. Tori and I each got a hat. For both of them it came to around $5.00 USD. It's nice having Haitian women barter for you!

I laid down this afternoon again and am continuing to feel a little better as time goes on. Please pray that this headache leaves completely by morning!

Tomorrow we'll be doing, if God's wills, a VBS during the service in the church in town here. Will probably have to leave around 6:00 AM or something like that.

Pastor Mathieu is in Haiti but hasn't been able to get to Pignon yet. The last I heard he was almost to Hench (sp?). He'll have to take a motorcycle the rest of the way to Pignon... maybe in the morning.

That's about it for now.
Blessings from Pignon,
Diane

P.S. Kim, just let me know when you want to get together to make that jello salad! :)

3 comments:

Mari said...

I'm sorry you've been rained out again, and then have been sick too. Praying you feel better and that the VBS today is blessed!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! Praying for you!!!! Let me know what I need to buy then maybe after you've had a chance to depressurize, we can make the jello.

Chad and Tammy said...

Praying for you to feel better soon!