Thursday, April 10, 2008

College Bound...


Logan is now officially enrolled for next fall at GVSU. He'll be taking 2 evening classes -Philosophy and German. He will also be taking his required high school classes in the mornings and going to the Tech Center in the afternoons for something in computers. On Tuesdays and Thursdays he'll be spending 4 hours at the college! Whew! I know he'll be able to handle it but I'm not sure how he'll like the whole "not as much time to spend on the computer/Wii/PSP" thing. We'll see how the first 10 weeks go for him and then we have to do the whole process over again in October for the Winter semester. We'll see then if he takes 2 classes again in the Winter or if one class is better for him since he'll have Science Olympiad practice more after the first of the year too.

Mike and I looked at each other sitting there today both thinking "I can't believe we're enrolling him in college"! Logan's goal is to get enough classes done through dual enrollment that he gets his Freshman year completed (or close to it) before he graduates high school. That's a pretty good goal to have I think! :) There's also a chance that he could test out of a (or some) college math classes so that will have to be looked into as well.

I know he will do very well with all of this and I'm really looking forward to what he ends up doing with the intellect that God gave him!

Be blessed today!

5 comments:

Mari said...

That's great! Dual enrollment is such a wonderful opportunity!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Dog gone computer ate my comment! O.K. here goes again! Can't wait to see what God has planned for Logan! Have you taken a breathe yet?

Melissa said...

Very cool! I was dual enrolled my senior year and I loved it! I think he'll enjoy it and that's a great idea to try to be done with his freshman credits! :)

Chad and Tammy said...

Wow - that's great! Good for him!

Cheri said...

What a great opportunity for him.