Friday, April 25, 2008

Signs of Spring!

I have a lot of Spring flowers in various spots around our house but some have only one or two of that kind of flower.


This daffodil has been coming up every year since we moved here - almost 11 years ago. It's the only one in the front of the house right now but it keeps coming up faithfully every Spring.

These grape hyacinths were transplanted here a couple of years ago from our back yard - not from a flower bed but from the middle of our back yard! We needed to have them somewhere they could be more appreciated so here they now live in the front of our house. Behind these you can see some "Easter" lilies coming up. I always transplant these in memory of Mike's Dad and my Mom and Dad.This tulip is the only remaining one of dozens that were planted years ago. I found out that the bulbs are a delicacy to the mole community! Behind the tulip you can see the black eyed susans starting to come up too.
These pink hyacinths were in a huge basket given by Mike's crew at the time of one of our parent's funerals. I have some ivy transplanted in the back flower bed and many plants in the house from this basket too - they're kinda taking over!
Today we're supposed to get thunderstorms (Thank You God - we need the rain!) so the sun won't be out much but these flowers always bring brightness to any day.

Be a blessing today!

5 comments:

Zaankali said...

We do need the rain. My allergies are the worst I have EVER had them. My eyes itched so bad yesterday that I only wore my right contact and left the left one out because that eye was the worst. I am hoping for some relief today. The allergy count was at 11 something on a scale of 1-12 yesterday and today it is supposed to be at 5 something. Sounds good to me!
Smiles!

Cheri said...

Yup- my allergies are bugging me too but Spring is worth it.
You have beautiful flowers- I love the hyacinth!

A Stone Gatherer said...

All the flowers are beautiful! We are heading out to Grand Haven tonight! I'm kind of hoping a storm comes in while we're there!

Cherdecor said...

Your hyacinths are so healthy looking. Mine were a little sparse this year.

I loved your post about Great Truths About Life. It was so fun to read! I especially liked the one that I am so thankful that wrinkles do not hurt!

Have a wonderful evening!

Chad and Tammy said...

Your flowers look beautiful. We have grape hyacinths growing randomly in the middle of our front yard!