Last Saturday Logan was in the Science Olympiad Regional Competition held at Grand Valley State University. He was in 2 events and ended up medaling in both! He finished 5th in both events - Oceanography and Remote Sensing. I think he did very well since the high school level is so much harder competition than the middle school level.
Sad to say though, they will not be going to State this year. They finished 8th overall and only 5 high schools go on to State with 6th and 7th place as alternates in case any of the top 5 can't make it to State. They missed 7th place by ONE POINT!! I think they did very well and I don't think anyone was disappointed in anyone's performance. They tried their best and now they'll try again next year. This was only the 2nd time in 10 years that the high school hasn't gone on to the State Competition! They'll be trying EXTRA HARD next year to make sure this doesn't happen again, I'm sure! :)
Sad to say though, they will not be going to State this year. They finished 8th overall and only 5 high schools go on to State with 6th and 7th place as alternates in case any of the top 5 can't make it to State. They missed 7th place by ONE POINT!! I think they did very well and I don't think anyone was disappointed in anyone's performance. They tried their best and now they'll try again next year. This was only the 2nd time in 10 years that the high school hasn't gone on to the State Competition! They'll be trying EXTRA HARD next year to make sure this doesn't happen again, I'm sure! :)
Most of the schools on the bleachers - MS's on left & HS's on right
Logan and Jeremy
Sam and Logan
Allendale High School Team



3 comments:
Good job Logan! I know those are a lot of work and they did great even if they don't go to state.
Good job Logan. That's a bummer that they missed it by 1 point.
Congrats to Logan on the medals, and You'll get um next year! Thanks for the verses on my blog too! Psalms 27 is very special to me so I smiled real big when you wrote that!
Post a Comment