Wednesday, June 4, 2008

20 Years Ago Today...

Can you believe it??? This was Mike and me 20 years ago today!!! We looked so young! The time has gone by quickly for the most part. We've had our ups and downs over those 20 years but we are commited to each other and our marriage.
God has blessed us richly in so many ways. We have 2 absolutely beautiful children, we are members of an awesome church, Mike has a great job, we have a wonderful home, and 2 slightly annoying but lovable dogs ;-) just to name a few of our blessings!
Mike and I met at Pizza Hut in Holland in the Spring of 1985. He was a cook checking out all the waitresses and I was a part time waitress. :) He asked me out one night at work and we doubled with my friend and her boyfriend on May 25. We went to Red Lobster for dinner, saw Nightmare on Elm Street, and went out for ice cream (this is when Mike asked me for a second date). We dated on and off for 2 1/2 years, got engaged on August 22, 1987 (at this time we were technically not dating - this was an "off again" time), and were married on June 4, 1988.
Mike - Thank you for the past 20 years of putting up with my quirks, my moods, and my mediocre cooking. I love you with all my heart and soul! I know that God put the two of us together even though a lot of people didn't think we would last. Thank you for our children and for providing for us every day. I thank God for you and for what He has done in our lives together! I'm glad I have you next to me on this journey of life. The bumps, curves, and detours in life are so much easier with you by my side.
I love you honey!
Happy Anniversary!

7 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Have an awesome day!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Awww!!! Look at those cute kids!!! Happy Anniversary you two! From us two!!!!!

Cheri said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the wedding picture- amazing how fast the time goes isn't it.
Have a great day~

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the picture - looks like a beautiful wedding!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love the picture!

My hubby and I will celebrate 10 years in August.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great day together.Take care,Patty

Chad and Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Maybe you should go to Pizza Hut to night in honor of your meeting place! :)