Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy Weekend!

I'm glad the weekend is this far because I'm really tired!


Tori and I had another bridal shower Saturday morning for my niece. You may remember that from April - September we have 2 nephews and 2 nieces getting married! (We also had one of Mike's second cousins get married but this didn't involve a bridal shower for us to attend). So far we've had 3 out of 4 bridal showers and 1 out of 4 weddings. The next wedding will be June 21, then July 18 (Tori and I leave for Haiti the next day), then September 13. The final shower will be (I think) August 16 which we won't be able to attend because Mike and I will be on our way home from our Alaskan cruise that day.


Saturday afternoon Tori and I stopped at Goodwill to see if I could find a skirt for church in Haiti. I didn't find one there but I found 2 shirts that will be good for the trip. Tori found a couple things too so we both had a productive time. We then went to a few garage sales and I found a skirt and blouse for Haiti! Yea!!!


Later afternoon I had to make some food for a cookout we were going to at night and for our homegroup potluck on Sunday.


At night we had a cookout at the same house we had the bridal shower in the morning. We all had a nice time and enjoyed lots of food!


Sunday morning started with Sunday School and 2nd service church... then on to homegroup where we had our potluck... then back to church for Tori and me for our Haiti meeting. We had to pay our money for the trip today so I'm glad that's behind us now! Now our focus can be the trip itself and seeing if we can raise some more money for a solar panel/battery pack for the mission pastor. I think Tori and I plan on going around collecting pop cans for this sooooo... if you have any pop cans for us, we'd be happy to take them off your hands and put the money toward the purchase of this solar panel/battery pack (as long as you're in my neck of the woods!) ;-) Our church's VBS collected money for 3 of these last year and they are SA-WEET!!! This will allow the pastor to stay up at night to study the Word, prepare for services, and whatever he needs to do after dark (it gets dark by 6:30 there pretty much year round and they have no electricity). He spends a lot of the day visiting the people in the village, in the prison, and other pastoral duties.


Tori and I are so excited to return to Haiti - we are counting the days until we can be there again! Thanks again to all of you who donated money for this trip! We only had to come up with the downpayment of $100 each - the rest of the money was donated by friends and family! Thank you so much for your support and for choosing to take this journey with us!


Your prayers are always needed - before, during, and after the trip! Thanks so much for those as well!


Have an awesome week and look for those opportunities to...
Be a blessing!

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I will try to save my pop cans and be totally selfless and forgo my Seattles Best coffee and give you my pop cans! Aren't I just the cat's meow?!!! (Why do people say that anyway!)

Cheri said...

Wow- you do have alot of weddings and showers going on! Your summer is going to be over before you can blink.
I'd give you my pop cans, but Mark and Nick are saving them for their Guatemala trip.