In the morning we gave each other cards (our gift will be an Alaskan cruise this coming August) and Mike had a poem on a CD for me that he wrote himself! He said it was ok that I put it on my blog if I wanted so here it is...
20 years
For Diane with Love
06/04/2008
Twenty years to this day
You and I began our way
On a life planned from heaven above
With an unbreakable bond of Love
And though we have had our trials
Our Love has endured the many miles
Through the bad times and all the good
Together still, as God planned we would
Our life together has been such a joy
And you blessed me with our girl and boy
With your love, support, and guidance
They are growing daily in Gods abidance
What our future holds remains to see
But we do have one guarantee
Our Love will never fail the test
With faith in God we are at our best
Of my Love I may leave unspoken
Take these words now as my solemn token
I promise to cherish you every day
And to Love you as best I may
For it was twenty years ago today
That you blessed me in every way
Willing to become my wife
And sharing each day of your life
Love, Mike
Awww.... he said that now he'll never hear the end of it from a few of you (or your husbands)! I told him he's setting the bar pretty high now for others!
All in all, we had a very nice day together and we are looking forward to the next 20 years and beyond, Lord willing.
Be a blessing today!


6 comments:
How sweet is that!!! LOL
He needs to have a talk with Nate!
By the way I am proud of you for eating right! :)
I have done 80 minutes on the treadmil so far this week and I have it set at the highest angle! Need to be prepared for Petit Bwa! I have been doing it at night when Nate is here so that I cannot get out of it and I cannot cheat on the full 30 minutes! LOL
Wow- I am so impressed! He's probably right that he won't hear the end of it and yes he did set the bar high.
I love Russ- you can't beat good dutch cooking.
Glad you had a great Anniversary!
That's so sweet. He is setting the bar high for our hubbbies!
Wow!! That was so great!! God has blessed you both with the gift poetry!! Thanks for sharing!
Happy Anniversary!
~Debi
That is so sweet! I'm glad you had a good day together!
That poem is beautiful! It gave me chills! I will be sure to share it with Steve! He might give Mike a hard time I don't know! I do have to say though - Russ' for a healthy meal! - I don't know Diane! Glad you guys had such a good day though!
Post a Comment