Friday, June 6, 2008

First time for everything...

Last night Tori was given an opportunity to model for a photo shoot with my brother (Ron) and sister-in-law (Julie). They have a side job of photography and do quite a few weddings but are looking to branch into doing more senior pictures as well. Tori is being one of the models for these pictures. One day soon you will be able to see Tori's pictures on their website at http://www.greatlakesphotography1.com/ and some other fantastic photos by them.


Ok, so we were in Holland at VanRaalte Farm getting some photos by a grey barn with a red door and also by a tree next to the barn. We were moving toward the back of the barn because the foundation was made of stone and the landscape sloped down to the back of the barn. All three of them were ahead of me (thank goodness) and while I was trying to make my way down the slope, I slid on the dirt/mud/clay that was VERY SLIPPERY from the day's rain. They ran up to me and asked if I was ok and I didn't even hesitate to tell them "NO! My knee is busted!" All eyes went to my knee and leg area where there was plenty of mud caked on but also a lot of blood running from a gash on my knee. Right away Julie says, "We should take you in to the med center!" Stupid me says, "Oh, but I'd really like to get some shots here first". Julie tells me no and that they needed to take me in - there wasn't much color in my face and lips I guess. Julie ran down the hill to get my van and Tori helped me walk back up to the drive where Julie picked us up and drove us to the med center. I got right in and they cleaned it up, numbed the gash, and put 7 stitches in it. I'll have some pretty scratches and stitches for everyone to see on Sunday!



I've been taking Ibuprophen for it and icing it and keeping it elevated today and it seems to be helping somewhat. I am feeling like I need to ice it again though so I think I'll end here.

Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

OUCH!!! Stitches hurt!
I'm glad it happened after your Anniversary!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'll say it again OUCH!!!!!!!! I can't look at it without my knees getting weak!Sorry!

Mari said...

I'll third that - OUCH! You are a tough one - hope those pictures turn out good after that!

Anonymous said...

PUT THE BAND-AID BACK ON!!That's nasty! That's going to look pretty for a while.Take care,Patty

Nate and Brenda said...

I will say it a 4th time! Ouch!!!

Looks very sore.

Chad and Tammy said...

I just need to say it too! OUCH!!! That looks like it really hurts. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Melissa said...

OUCH!!!! I hope it heals up well for you soon!

Marcey said...

Ouch!!! Now I will not be the only one in the family with a scar on their knee:) Hope it heals up soon!