Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daphterlie Louise

(10/20/07)


Meet Daphterlie - our sponsor child in Barbancourt, Haiti. She will be 5 this coming December. My husband, Mike, was able to meet her in person last November when he went on his first mission trip. Tori and I were able to meet her this past August on our first mission trip. We were given the opportunity to help serve the meal for that day to the kids in Barbancourt. What an honor for us! She is very shy but each time we take pictures of her, we can see that she's grown since the last picture we have of her. In August I was able to give her some gifts that we brought with us. In the second picture you can see her adorning her new "Dora" sunglasses and holding her new stuffed animal.

If any of you do not sponsor a child I would highly recommend it! We only pay $20.00 per month to sponsor her and this includes 1 meal/day M-F, education, and school uniform. Seeing her in person just makes it more real for us and now we have a better idea how she has to live every day! We thought we'd be a blessing to her but in turn we're the ones getting blessed!!! God does that so often!

Mike will be going to Haiti again in February and Tori and I will be going again in August. If any of you have ever thought of going on a mission trip I will tell you this - if God is calling you to go, He will take care of EVERYTHING!! He'll provide the funds necessary, He'll take care of any physical need/hurt, and He'll be with you every step of the way!!

My home is in America but a part of my heart will always, ALWAYS remain in Haiti!

Make the most of today and be blessed!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Ok, so the pictures got reversed when I posted them - I'm still learning this blogging stuff! :)

Mari said...

How cool to meet here - it really lets you see that your money is well spent!

Chad and Tammy said...

First of all, I can never get my pictures to do I what I want them to either!?! I think Brenda needs to give us a little tutorial! :)

Secondly, I totally agree with your thoughts in your post. A part of my heart will also always be in Haiti.

Chad and Tammy said...

Hey - Cool changes on your blog. You did that fast! I was just here about half an hour ago and it looked totally different! Looks great!

Diane said...

Don't let me fool you - it's sooooo easy changing the template when all you have to do is click a button! I'm definately not some computer whiz!! I'm trying to get a "ticker" posted on the side for my countdown for Haiti but it's not letting me do that.

I totally agree with you about getting some lessons from Brenda on how to manage our blogs! Kim said she wants to learn more too. Jen would be one to get help from as well. We'll have to look into that! :)

Melissa said...

How cool! I'm so glad that you were able to meet her!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great pictures Diane! It was fun when Steve got to meet Innocent also. Seeing their growth is such a blessing!