In an earlier post I mentioned a program called Manna Meals. I will tell you a little how we started and what it's about.
2 years ago another "stay-at-home" mom from our church had heard about a program in a neighboring county that offered meals for kids to take home with them at night. The kids on the program were not getting enough good food and were nutritionally at risk. This program was not offered in our county so we felt that God was leading us to start our own.
We supply take home brown bag suppers that include a sandwich, juice, pudding, granola bar and more. These meals contain 1000 calories of nutritional food that should be enough for 2 snacks and dinner.
Last year we had a total of 16 kids on the program. This year we are currently at 39! We operate 100% on monetary donations, item donations, grants, volunteers, and of course FAITH. God provides what we need just when we need it and we are committed to leave it in His hands.
We had the teachers fill out a progress sheet on each student in the program and the results were very encouraging. Discipline and attention problems had substantially improved, low self esteem issues were getting better, and the overall feelings and comments from both teachers and parents were very positive.
Our plan was to be a blessing to these kids and I think we are the ones getting blessed beyond measure! If you ever feel God nudging you to do something for Him, don't ignore Him! The blessings He has up His sleeve for you are more than you could ever imagine!!
Have a wonderful day!!


5 comments:
Sorry about the first paragraph! That text got a little "smushed"! I'm still working on this blogging stuff so I'll hopefully get it right next time! :)
I didn't know your numbers had gone up so much. What a blessing to these kids. You are right - when we are doing what God wants - we are the ones who are blessed.
That's awesome- what a blessing this has to be to those families!
I have to put a plug in!! Its tons of fun working with Diane and Jennifer too!!!!!
Omigosh!! I get to see all the current 5th graders that were on it last year and they are sooooooo stinkin' cute!! UHHHHH! I wish they were on the program so I could see them more often!! Lol...
Post a Comment