
5 years ago today I lost my best friend... my mom. I would not wish her back with me since I know that she is in her Heavenly home now. At times I miss her more than I can even describe but I know that I will see her again one day. Little did I know then what lay ahead for us over the next 19 months but God knew and He carried us through those long months of suffering and loss. For those of you who don't know this, 10 1/2 months after my mom died, my father-in-law died and then 8 1/2 months later my dad died.
After my mom died I wrote 4 poems at various times through my grieving. One of them is printed below. 2 weeks after she suffered a heart attack (V-fib at home) was the last time I was able to communicate with her. It was time for me to leave her for the day and I said I wanted a kiss good-bye. She pursed her lips shut tight and would not give me one! She didn't want me to go. She figured that if she gave me a kiss I would leave and if she didn't give me one I would stay. She wouldn't say good-bye. She then grabbed my coat and pulled me down to her and hugged me. After she died 4 days later I thought back to that and knew what she meant - we never say good-bye, it's only 'til we meet again.
Never Say Good-Bye
When God calls His children home
We need not say good-bye.
It's only for a little while
'Til we see them again on high.
Now Mom's work is done,
Left behind so many seeds.
She always toiled happily
To carry out God's deeds.
"Never say good-bye", she said
That last Friday afternoon.
It's only until later
And we'll see each other soon.
We yet have work to do
While on this earth we stay.
We need to use our hearts to listen
For the task at hand today.
I'll never say good-bye
Only see you soon one day.
Once my earthly work is done
And God leads me home to stay.
I love you, Mom!
And I'll see you later!
Your Daughter, Diane


7 comments:
Wow - what a neat poem and a special memory of your mom. Thank you for sharing it!
What a nice remembrance of your Mom. I can't believe it's been 5 years, and it was a tough 5 years. What a blessing to know we will see them again!
Wow! That was really neat.
Smiles!
Beautiful Diane! I can't believe its been 5 years either. God has used all of these things in your life to draw you closer to him an you've been faithful to Him!
Diane...what a beautiful poem. I could not read it without crying. I miss my mom so much too, the holidays are especially hard.
That was beautiful Diane. I'm sure your mom was very proud of you- she did a great job raising a wonderful daughter!
Beautiful poem, Diane. It really blessed me. Thanks for sharing it.
~Debi
Post a Comment