Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Already??

I can't believe that we're approaching Thanksgiving this week! It seems like school's just started! However, this week marks 1/3 the way done with the school year already since Logan has exams this week. Time continues to march on no matter how hard I dig in my heels.

We will be leaving for the Wisconsin Dells on Wednesday. We'll be staying at the Great Wolf Lodge with Mike's family. We started doing this last year in an attempt to meet somewhere between here and Minneapolis - this is where Mike's youngest sister lives with her family. (Same family we saw 2 weeks ago when Tori and I went to Minnesota for the weekend). Last year we stayed at the Kalahari and had the Thanksgiving Day Buffet. Great food, no cooking for the women, and no clean up for anybody! This year we'll most likely be doing a buffet again on Thanksgiving Day. Either on the way there or the way home we'll be stopping at IKEA in Schaumburg. Logan wanted to look for some things for his room and that's a great place to look!

When going on any vacation a certain amount of preparation and organization need to be carried out. The preparations are accomplished differently in each family but generally the mom does most, if not all, of the organizing required prior to departure, right?? I've been running myself into the ground trying to get everything done before Wednesday morning! At least my kids are old enough to pack their own bag of clothes, etc. I usually make a list of what they should take and they're responsible to pick our what they want and make sure it goes with us. Mike is required to at least lay out the clothes he wants to take along (although a list is made out for him too) and I will fold and pack them - maybe a perk for being married??

Melissa will be dog sitting for us while we're away. I'm sure she'll have a great time with our furry little friends. They'll make sure that she doesn't ever feel unloved!! Both of them are very friendly and loving!! They may be a little high maintenance as far as attention goes - they can never get enough of it! They're cute though so I'm sure she will have a great time with them.



I know... they're spoiled rotten!! I was going to put this little blanket over Ember (blue collar) and Smokey (red collar) snuck underneath before I covered Ember. So the two of them snuggled together for a little while! FYI - Ember is one of Smokey's puppies and was the only female out of Smokey's 3rd and final litter in September of 2002. (Ember is 5, Smokey is 10 1/2).

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be a blessed!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Hope your travels are smooth and you have a great time with family.
Don't wear yourself out getting ready to go!

Melissa said...

Aww! The dogs are so cute. I'm sure we'll have a great time together. See you tomorrow evening!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Smokey can share a blanket with me anytime! You guys have a great trip, and slide down a slide for me! I love the Great Wolf!! Be safe and have a great Thanksgiving!

Cheri said...

Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving also! Safe travels and enjoy IKEA!!

Anonymous said...

Diane:

Have a great trip!! That sounds like so much fun!!

Hugs
Karla

Cheri said...

Diane
I tagged you - go check out my blog!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Hey, tagg your it! Go check my blog