Wouldn't this old world be better
If the folks we meet would say,
"I know something good about you!"
And then treat us just that way?
Wouldn't it be fine and dandy
If each handclasp warm and true
Carried with it this assurance,
"I know something good about you!"
Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If the good that's in us all
Were the only things about us
That folks bothered to recall?
Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If we praised the good we see?
For there's such a lot of goodness
In the worst of you and me.
Wouldn't it be nice to practice
That fine way of thinking, too?
You know something good about me!
I know something good about you!
- Author Unknown
I love poetry! I write poetry! I think it speaks with so much heart and shows a piece of the poet's soul in the words that are written. When I write my poetry, it's almost like an extention of me by writing down my feelings and emotions. It's an outlet for me that helps me cope with times in my life and it's also a great way for me to express the depths of my feelings.
This obviously is not one of my poems but is one of my favorites! It's a wonderful reminder to all of us as to how we should look at each other and how we should act toward each other.
Be blessed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hmm... how did you guess what I was saving up for?? lol. And the clothes in there were kind of expensive anyway... so it wasn't worth it. Plus I don't need any new clothes right now. What a shocker.
That's a great poem. If we would all look for the good instead of the bad, and then talk about it, we would all be better off. The church would be a better example to the world if we took this to heart! I'm taking this as a little message from God for me - thanks!
AMEN!!!
I LOVED that Diane.
Thanks,
Karla
What a neat poem! It's true that we often tend to look at the negative in others and ourselves. What a great reminder to look for the goodness in people. I think this is especially true when it comes to our children!! Sometimes it's so easy to point out their faults, instead of praising them for the good things.
Thanks for posting this Diane!
So true- so true!
Post a Comment